La Haie Fleurie
An historic traditional farmhouse.
A truly historic location
Set in the heart of St Martins Jersey, the Haie Fleurie Gardens and Orchard, form the grounds of this beautiful Jersey Farmhouse built in the 1400’s and occupied by descendants of Elias Whitley since 1679.
Jersey in the 1400’s
Haie Fleurie Gardens are quite simply, very special. With a special location to hold the ceremony and 1 acre of manicured lawns sounded by a host of established trees, flowers and shrubbery.
Adjacent is our orchards with a variety of producing trees including apples, pears, cherries and more.
This family arrived in Jersey in April 1651 when John Charles Whiteley, one of Cromwell’s soldiers, joined the Mont Orgueil Castle garrison. He settled in St Martin, where he married a girl from the parish, and remained a soldier until he died in 1674. He may have changed his name to Jean to fit in with common usage in Jersey at the time.